beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <>
Subject NetUI expression language and field / property binding
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:24:32 GMT

   An issue with the NetUI dataSource expression language was raised on
the beehive-user@ list today that had to do with binding to public
fields exposed from class instances.

   In an effort to keep the dataSource EL aligned with the JSP 2.0 EL,
I've disabled field binding, and only JavaBean property binding is
supported.  I'd thought this was taken care of quite a while ago, so
apologies for any applications that break as a result.

   If you experience this problem, you'll see a message reported in the
JSP about not being able to locate a property getter (or setter if a
property is being updated); to fix it, add the public JavaBean getter /
setter methods.

   Let me know if you've got any questions / comments.

View raw message