beehive-user mailing list archives

From Selda Guner <>
Subject netui:form tag error
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:34:40 GMT

I have the following error when I load my login.jsp file:

[Tag Error:1, Found in tag Form]

Page Errors

Error Number

Tag Type

The type of a button must be one of submit, button or reset, found 'POST'.

Here is the page:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"%>

<%@ taglib uri="" prefix="netui-data"%>

<%@ taglib uri="" prefix="netui"%>

<%@ taglib uri="" prefix="netui-template"%>

    <title>Login Page</title>

  <netui:form action="processLogin" method="POST">

If I change the method of the form tag to some other value rather than “POST”, it is giving
the same error with the new value. As an example, if I write method=”Submit”, it is saying
“The type of a button must be one of submit, button or reset, found 'Submit'.” It is like
as if it is seeing the form tag as button. If I change the value of button tag, then it loads
Netui Page error saying that tag is not appropriate for tag library. This means it is actually
reading the button tag. I didn’t understand what is wrong here. I have no problem with running
other pageflow applications like coreWeb or any other build problems.

Do you have any ideas about what can be the problem?

Here is the controller.jpf:

import javax.servlet.http.HttpSession;

import org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.Forward;

import org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowController;

import org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.annotations.Jpf;

public class Controller extends PageFlowController {

                                @Jpf.Forward(name="success", path="/pages/login.jsp")

                protected Forward begin() {

                return new Forward("success");

                                @Jpf.Forward(name="mypage", path="mypage.jsp")

                public Forward processLogin(LoginForm form) {

                return new Forward("mypage");

    protected void onCreate() { }

    protected void onDestroy(HttpSession session) {  }

And here is the LoginForm:

public class LoginForm implements {

                private String username;

                private String password;

                public void setUsername(String username) {

                                this.username = username;

                public String getUsername() {

                                return this.username;

                public void setPassword(String password) {

                                this.password = password;

                public String getPassword() {

                                return this.password;

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced….

Do You Yahoo!?