beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Semyan" <>
Subject Netui data tags using ResultSet/RowSet?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:23:40 GMT
It seems the netui data tags have changed significantly recently. I am
using a distribution from build 155975 and the netui-data:grid tag is
gone (replaced by dataGrid). I am trying to put the results of a DB
query in a table on a JSP. I can successfully do it if I map the results
of my query to a pre-made object with getters and setters for each row.
This seems a bit laborious. Is there a way to do it by just passing in a
ResultSet or a RowSet? Building dummy objects for each of my tables will
be a pain...
Here is the code that works:
>From my Car class:
 private int _carID;
 public void setCarID(int carID) {
     _carID = carID;
 public int getCarID() {
    return _carID;
>From my DB control:
    @SQL(statement="select carid from carinventory;")
    public Car[] getInventory() throws SQLException;
>From my controller.jpf
     Car[] cars = carDB.getInventory();
     getRequest().setAttribute("carobj", cars);
>From my JPF
        <netui-data:repeater dataSource="requestScope.carobj">