beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <>
Subject RE: problem with SOAPMessage.class
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:06:06 GMT

Are you working based on SVN or released code?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Black []
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:23 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: problem with SOAPMessage.class

Daryoush Mehrtash wrote:
> This is my source of confusion....As I understand it, two separate web
> apps means two separate class loaders.  So let's assume there is a
> problem with SAAJ and XMLBeans being on a classpath, this problem
> only affect the web app that has both jars.   There shouldn't be any
> cross contamination of classes between two webapps.

  Somehow there appears to be some cross-contamination. I don't
understand it, but it led to some incredible grief when I couldn't
figure out why my axis webservice stopped working, and only threw

> I am also troubled with you putting jars in the common lib.  I would
> rather get the two apps working as two different webapps each with its
> own set of jars.

  I would prefer that they be separate also, but I needed to find some
way to make it all work, and this approach did work, for development,
until I figure out what is going on.

> Here is what I suggest:
> 1) let get the standard web service working by itself.  I would not
> SAAJ or XMLBeans jar in common/lib.  And make sure the Lib directory
> the web app contains SAAJ, and no xmlbeans jar.

  the axis one has only saaj, not xmlbeans.  When I have removed the
annotated webservice, then it works by itself, and when I only have the
annotated one then it works properly.

> 2) undeploy the above web app and try the annotated web app.  I would
> try two cases:
> a) leave both SAAJ.jar and XMLBeans jar in.
> b) remove SAAJ.jar but leave XMLBeans.jar

  (a) works, I need to try (b) on thurs
> Once the annotated Webapp is working by itself, I would then deploy
> non-annotated service as a separate webapp.  If this breaks then there
> is something wrong with your tomcat setup, as two webapps should not
> affect each other.

  It will break, as I have tested it out a few times to see what was
causing the problem.

  I will try deleting saaj.jar from both and see if they are indeed
needed, as, unless StringHolder needs it I won't be using any
attachments at the moment.

> Do you use tomcat?

  Tomcat 5.0.27

- --
Corruptisima republica plurimae leges. [The more corrupt a republic, the
more laws.]
Tacitus from Annals III, 116AD
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)

View raw message