beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <>
Subject RE: problem with SOAPMessage.class
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:10:32 GMT
There is an open issue that we need to make sure we understand, I am not
sure I can at this point explain how the XMLBeans and SAAJ would
interact when they are both included on a same webapp.  But I don't
think this is the source of your problem.

This is my source of confusion....As I understand it, two separate web
apps means two separate class loaders.  So let's assume there is a
problem with SAAJ and XMLBeans being on a classpath, this problem would
only affect the web app that has both jars.   There shouldn't be any
cross contamination of classes between two webapps.

I am also troubled with you putting jars in the common lib.  I would
rather get the two apps working as two different webapps each with its
own set of jars.

Here is what I suggest:

1) let get the standard web service working by itself.  I would not put
SAAJ or XMLBeans jar in common/lib.  And make sure the Lib directory of
the web app contains SAAJ, and no xmlbeans jar.

2) undeploy the above web app and try the annotated web app.  I would
try two cases:

a) leave both SAAJ.jar and XMLBeans jar in.
b) remove SAAJ.jar but leave XMLBeans.jar

Once the annotated Webapp is working by itself, I would then deploy the
non-annotated service as a separate webapp.  If this breaks then there
is something wrong with your tomcat setup, as two webapps should not
affect each other.

I am assuming you are using the Attachments, true?

Do you use tomcat?