beehive-user mailing list archives

From Carlin Rogers <>
Subject Re: No Stack Trace on JPF Error page
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:32:27 GMT
Another way to show the trace, regardless of prod / dev mode

Use the showStackTrace="true" attribute in the netui:exceptions
tag. E.g. Change the tag in error.jsp to...
<netui:exceptions showMessage="false" showStackTrace="true"/>

This will take precedence over the showDevModeStackTrace.

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> Production / development mode is tied to the JVM assertions, so the
> easiest way to turn on the stack trace (more specific, to announce that
> you are in dev mode) is set your JAVA_OPTS environment variable before
> starting Tomcat (i.e. export JAVA_OPTS=-ea).
> I think that there is another way to set dev mode, but I can't find any
> references to that other way.
> - jeremiah

View raw message