beehive-user mailing list archives

From James Black <>
Subject Re: problem with SOAPMessage.class
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:35:34 GMT

Daryoush Mehrtash wrote:
> I am confused at your use case.  Do you have problem running annotated
> and standard Axis web services under the same web application or do you
> have the problem even if the annotated and non-annotated web services
> are in different applications.

  I have two webapps, one for the axis web services and the other for
annotated web services.  They have problems when both are loaded, with
saaj.jar in both and apache-xbeans.jar in the annotated one.

> If you have the annotated and standard webservices running on two
> different web apps, then there shouldn't be any problems.  It would make
> sense to remove saaj.jar again from the web app that is running the
> annotated web service.
> May be the other explanation is that you have XML Beans even in your
> non-annotated web services, otherwise why do you even include xml
> beans's jar in your web app that is running the standard axis web
> services.

  I had checked in all of my webapps for any other versions of
SOAPMessage.class, but it was in the saaj.jar in the two webapps and in
apache-xbeans.jar for the annotated webservice.

  So I had three class files of this class, and so I had a linkage error.

  I am using jdk1.5 update 1 and Tomcat 5.0.27 under Solaris 8.

  For a bit I would only have one webapp or the other installed, but,
today I needed both, as my .net client can use one annotated webservice,
but for another webservice it uses it has to go with axis, since the
annotated has a bug that has already been submitted.
- --
Corruptisima republica plurimae leges. [The more corrupt a republic, the
more laws.]
Tacitus from Annals III, 116AD
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)

View raw message