beehive-user mailing list archives

From Kyle Marvin <>
Subject Re: Server Specific Descriptors
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:40:00 GMT

There currently isn't a mechanism to do this, but I'd agree that for
certain types of Controls could use a capability like this.
Specifically, these are ones where behavior of the control is tied to
runtime-platform-specific behaviors configured by descriptors or other
local app config info).   One can imagine defining a service provider
model and discovery convention where the generic assembler might
locate and call out to an platform-specific extension that does this
work, and different implementations of the SPI could be plugged in
based upon the build target platform.

The first step down this path is to open a JIRA feature request on
this.   If you have a specific problem you are interested in solving
with a control, it would be great if you could open one
( and
provide a concrete use case or example which could be used to validate
the design.   Real world context is always useful!

If not, I can probably open a more generic feature request that might
enable this.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:58:17 -0800, Christopher Webster
<> wrote:
> How does the ControlAssembler handle server specific deployment
> descriptors? I don't see any handling of this in the sample controls.

View raw message