beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Noren" <>
Subject Wrapping a Control around a Page Flow
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:59:48 GMT
After having looked through the Beehive docs and the BEA WorkShop docs,
I am under the impression that this is not possible, but a BEA
representative alluded to it as though it was, so I figured I would ask
a larger group.

Is it possible to create a JavaControl that wraps a page flow?  If so,
is there a control for this already available or would this be a custom
control?  If there is not one available by default, anyone have any
advice on how to create one from a custom control?

The ultimate goal is to be able to write a page flow that references a
nested page flow where the nested page flow is not part of the current
application.  The nested page flow would be on the same server, however
we would want to be able to deploy each nested page flow as a separate
WAR/Application and therefore don't want the implementation of that page
flow to have to be embedded in the consuming page flow.  The
representative alluded to using a Java Control around the Page Flow to
do this, but I as I stated earlier, I am not sure how that would work.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!