beehive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jonathan Colwell" <>
Subject RE: a byte[] is converted to xsd:byte in wsdl
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:37:03 GMT
Hi James, I did a clean update of beehive and the resulting wsdl for a
method returning a byte[] appeared as follows:

<element name="getBytesResponse">
   <element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="result" type="xsd:byte" /> 

but after updating the Axis jars to RC2 it changed to:

<element name="getBytesResponse">
   <element name="result" type="xsd:base64Binary" /> 

Was this unbounded sequence what you were referring to as far as the
conversion of byte[] to byte?  In a strict sense, both are correct
mappings for a byte[] but the base64Binary is traditionally used instead
since it travels better in XML.

I will be updating the jars beehive imports to use RC2  but you can
download them yourself at and just grab the
stuff in the lib folder.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Black [] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 12:16 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: a byte[] is converted to xsd:byte in wsdl

Hash: SHA1

OK, now I have changed $BEEHIVE_HOME to point to the trunk I built, and
redeployed my webservices using the code from the morning. I also
replaced server-config.wsdd with what I found in

I am still having the same problem, so I thought I would bring y'all up
to date on what I am seeing.

Thanx for all your help.

- --
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -


View raw message