beehive-user mailing list archives

From James Black <>
Subject Re: updated to nightly build of axis still having problem
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:48:43 GMT

Michael Merz wrote:
| Hi James,
| Is it possible that you're still using Axis' "drop in deployment"
| despite not using the corresponding handler anymore? RPC/Encoded is the
| JAX-RPC default encoding, JSR-181 specifies DOC/Literal. Note that that
| deployment model is no longer supported -- you now have to build and
| deploy your web service.
| In other words, I am wondering if you actually build a WS project and
| deploy the binaries -- or if you simply drop a jws-file into Tomcat's
| webapp directory? If you didn't build the web service binaries first
| that would also explain why you had problems with the packaging.
| Moreover, it would probably be the difference between what you did and
| what Wolfgang did.
| To build the web service binaries, you'd have to run the following
| command:
| 'ant -Dwebapp.dir=<absolute path to the LmsTest webapp>
| -Dcontext.path=ws_demo2 -f <BEEHIVE_HOME>/<ant-dir>/buildWebapp.xml
|   deploy.wsm.webapp.runtime
|   clean.webapp
|   build.webapp
|   deploy'  (or redeploy if you're already using that context)

~  I haven't gotten the deploy part to work, so what I do is
'ant -Dwebapp.dir=<absolute path to the LmsTest webapp>
| -Dcontext.path=ws_demo2 -f <BEEHIVE_HOME>/<ant-dir>/buildWebapp.xml'

~  Then I do 'cp -r ws_demo $CATALINA_HOME/webapps'

~  I have auto-deploy on on tomcat, so it then redeploys the webapp for
me.  When in doubt I restart the tomcat server to see if it is still broken.
- --
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

View raw message