beehive-user mailing list archives

From Kyle Marvin <>
Subject Re: Simple Database Control
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:41:49 GMT
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:54:18 -0800, Adrian Grealish <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having trouble trying to get a simple database control example to
> work on Tomcat.

> I get the error "Contextual service
> org.apache.beehive.controls.api.context.ResourceContext is not
> available". The org.apache.beehive.controls.api.context.ResourceContext
> class is in the controls.jar which is located in my WEB-INF/lib
> directory.
> Is there something I'm missing here? Why does it work with the Web
> service and not thru a JSP?

What's likely missing is the ControlFilter servlet filter that
provides contextual services for controls when run within the web
tier.    You need to add a filter mapping to web.xml of your webapp,
and then I believe this error will go away.

Here's a sample web.xml fragment

You can adjust the url-pattern of this filter mapping more narrowly
depending upon your anticipated usage of controls within the webapp,
if desired.

-- Kyle

View raw message