beehive-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <>
Subject Lifecycle Questions
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:42:45 GMT
I am trying to understand the Context Lifecycle events and how I can use
them.  Using the onAcquire/onRelease/onCreate methods seems simple
enough but I am confused as to when they are actually called.  So I was
wondering if someone could help me fill in the blanks here for the
different cases:

Within a JSP Page:
onAcquire - called at the beginning of the scope (page, request, etc)
onRelease - called at the end of the scope (page, request, etc)
onCreate - called when the control is initialized at the beginning of a
a new scope???

Within a Controller:
onAcquire - called once when first used??
onRelease - called when the application exits??
onCreate - called once when first initialized??

Within another Control:
onAcquire/onRelease/onCreate: called whenever the parent control's
lifecycle methods are called

I'm trying to figure out where I can put a control so it receives the
lifecycle events for the page request to manage hibernate
sessions/transactions, and from the above it looks like within the JSP
page itself is my only choice.

- Dan

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC