beehive-user mailing list archives

From James Black <>
Subject Re: Is there some problem using .net and beehive
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:15:48 GMT

Jonathan Colwell wrote:
| Microsoft really pushes the Document Style and I believe .Net doesn't
| interoperate well if at all with RPC/Encoded.  Your best bet is to try
| DOC/Literal/Wrapped if your service can be easily modified to do so
| which I have used with .Net clients.

~  I have been using RPC/Encoded for a couple of years now without any
problems, I just have to limit my datatypes. <g>

| Can you elaborate on how the service flipped out when you tried to
| return an array of beans using doc/lit?  Was your WSM webservice sending
| these beans to the .Net client?  I haven't had much trouble getting
| arrays of serialized beans to play nicely with .Net but would like to
| see what you were doing in case I'm using special tricks to make it
| work.

~  There are two issues that have come up so far, in my testing.

~  One is that my response type is different for a String now.  It used
to be soapenc:base64Binary now it is xsd:byte

Here are the two snippets from my wsdl files, the first being the new
one the second the old, working one:
<wsdl:message name="lookupItemTypesStringResponse">
<wsdl:part name="lookupItemTypesStringReturn" type="soapenc:base64Binary"/>

<wsdl:message name="lookupItemTypesStringResponse">
<wsdl:part name="result" type="xsd:byte"/>

~  So I need to make it work with sbyte[] instead of byte[].

~  The other problem is more annoying. When I try to add the webreference
for http://dante:8080/ws_test/template/AxisLMSServerStub.jws?wsdl my
Visual Studio .NET ide crashes and exits.  I haven't figured out why
this is happening yet.

~  My beans seems to be working fine now when I use RPC/Encoded.

~  When I use Document/Literal with or without Wrapped, my return on many
of these items are sbyte, not sbyte[].
~        /// <remarks/>
~        [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("",
~        [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("result")]
~        public System.SByte lookupItemTypesString(System.SByte in0) {
~            object[] results = this.Invoke("lookupItemTypesString", new
object[] {
~                        in0});
~            return ((System.SByte)(results[0]));

~  I don't know why this is happening.

- --
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

View raw message