beehive-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hogue <>
Subject RE: RowSets
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:30:14 GMT
Hi Ruan,
Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately when I look at the Javadocs for 1.5 I don't see any
implementation classes, just new interfaces (well they do have a BaseRowSet, but it's abstract).
So I guess the RI is the way to go.

Ruan Malan <> wrote:
Hi Chris and Eddie,

I might be off track but I understood that the RowSet implementation was
included in JDK 1.5 and that this JDK is a dependency for Beehive ?
See the last section of

Ruan Malan
MMD Systems Architect
Discovery Health

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie O'Neil []
Sent: Monday 01 November 2004 04:58
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: RowSets

Good question; providing a RowSet implementation is more of a
container issue. At this point, we're not planning on writing our own,
though who knows. ;)

You can download the RowSet reference implementation from here:

and use this with Tomcat. I could see there being an integration
between RowSets and the DatabaseControl, though I don't believe any of
that work has started yet.

Chris Hogue wrote:
> Hi all, another question:
> Is there a way that I can use RowSets right now? In WLW I believe the
> implementation came from WLS so it basically 'just worked', especially
with the DB Control. Is the implementation of the RowSet going to come from
beehive or is it more of a container or DB driver issue?