beehive-user mailing list archives

From "James Song" <>
Subject RE: Control Unit Testing
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:44:20 GMT
You could find source for controls test in

Controls could be invoked in servlet container or java environment.

For instantiating a control on servlet container:

To instantiate a control by @Control on java:

For instantiating a control in java environment, not by @Control:

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Diephouse []
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 1:25 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Control Unit Testing

Any tips for how to best unit test controls?  I am looking for how to
use the Beehive API but not finding a whole of information on it.  I
think I understand how controls work, but I'm more wondering about the
magic that goes on behind the scenes.  i.e. a 10000 ft overview of

Ideally I'd like to be able to declare a field in my unit test case like

"@Control HelloControl hello" and make a unit test which fills in the
@Control fields.  Then I could run tests/assertions on the control.  Any

tips on how one would do this?  Or if it even makes sense to do this?

- Dan

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

View raw message