beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Matteo Gerosa" <>
Subject RE: How to get started
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:39:30 GMT
Hello Pedro,

just before letting a more exaustive answer up to Beehive's Guru(s), I'd suggest you to point
yourself at to gather last BEA news about Beehive, then, assumed that
for the moment JDK 1.5 Annotations are not available in a stable way, if I were you I'd begin
downloading WebLogic Workshop 8.1 (currently at SP3) starting to play around at least with
basic visual components you can find in the IDE;  if I'm not wrong at all, in theory annotations
would be drafted around that kind of visual components (i.e.: Java Page-Flows), evolving from
the basic Struts.

Hope it helps some way,

Matteo Gerosa
Business Consultant Senior <> <>

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Lopez []
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:23 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: How to get started

Hi everyone,

I am really interested to learn and use Beehive,
because for the last 2 years we have been using Struts
1.1 deploying on BEA, and I have grown somewhat tire
of the amount of code that needs to be
maintain/created (forms, beans, etc) to make our
application run.

My question is, what is the best way to get started?
Is there a good document, manual or "How-to" that I
can use as a reference?

I have been reading the documentations available on and the official Beehive website, but so
far I haven't found anything that could help me get
started. I have some notion of what I need to do but I
would like to find out if I am going in the right

Any word of guidance is more than welcome.
Pedro Lopez
Sr. Software Engineer
Scripps Networks.

Do you Yahoo!?