beehive-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hogue <>
Subject Re: Application Builds
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:47:12 GMT
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having the separation. Thanks.
-Chris wrote:
My preference would be to allow your project to be self-contained,
not reliant on having the full beehive distribution on your disk.
Setting up a project should copy everything that's needed to do
the build. I think though the magic of or such we can
give you a build.xml that's mostly blank for your stuff, and
a build-beehive.xml that does the beehive magic. That'd make it
easier to keep your specific project's targets and mix in the
beehive helper targets. Plus, you would be able to upgrade
the beehive portions if required, without having to modify the
contents of your project's build.xml. Just copy in a new build-beehive.xml.

Chris Hogue wrote:
> On the wrappers you're talking about, it sounds like that would
> work fine. Would the targets be copied to the build file in the app
> directory or would they simply call out to the build files in the
> beehive directories?

Do You Yahoo!?