beehive-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hogue <>
Subject Re: Application Builds
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:15:54 GMT
Thanks Eddie, that clears it up better. I guess working from the source for now makes it  a
little harder to decipher as a new user.
One addition I'd be interested in is like Bob said, adding a working build.xml into those
blank projects. By doing that it'd be very easy to get up and running right away rather than
having to figure out going down into the source tree for the app builds.
As a side note, is the project focusing on Tomcat for now, or are you going to try to support

Eddie O'Neil <> wrote:

Yes, in fact there is.

As part of the release that we're in the process of assembling for
ApacheCon, there is a build infrastructure for compiling a Controls /
NetUI enabled webapp.

Until this release is actually available for download from the
website, you can produce it yourself from SVN with this command run from
the top-level:

ant clean build.dist

and the distribution itself will be available under ./build/dist/

The build infrastructure we ship is in the distribution's ant/
directory and can be used to build a webapp with buildWebapp.xml.

There are also tempalte control-only and NetUI webapp projects
available in the distribution's samples/ directory.

Chris Hogue wrote:
> Hi All,
> After poking around with beehive the last couple of days I'm curious if there is any
work going on wrt application builds. In other words, a build that is separate from the beehive
source that a user who only wants to build an application would use (and would probably want
to be able to check in to their SCM under their application source tree).
> I know about the netui/ant/webappTemplate.xml and test/ant/buildWebapp targets, but I
don't think application developers want to to go into that tree and have to pass all of those
arguments everytime. I've set a basic one set up for the test app I've been using but is there
an official effort going on in this area?