beehive-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Application Builds
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:46:31 GMT
Ken recently added a template for folks building controls, and yes, I'd like to
put together BDK (Beehive Development Kit) with boilerplate build.xmls that can
be used in your own project.  Possibly an entire boilerplate project that not
only includes a build.xml, but an empty tree with the right subdirectories,
and a README explaining how to build a project up from that.

Just thoughts...

Chris Hogue wrote:
> Hi All,
> After poking around with beehive the last couple of days I'm curious if there is any
work going on wrt application builds. In other words, a build that is separate from the beehive
source that a user who only wants to build an application would use (and would probably want
to be able to check in to their SCM under their application source tree).
> I know about the netui/ant/webappTemplate.xml and test/ant/buildWebapp targets, but I
don't think application developers want to to go into that tree and have to pass all of those
arguments everytime. I've set a basic one set up for the test app I've been using but is there
an official effort going on in this area?