beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Tomlinson" <>
Subject Complex page composition with netui
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:59:42 GMT

I'm new to Beehive and I'm currently looking through various aspects of
the technology.   One area that I am particularly interested is the
composite design of pages and the framework support for it.

I see there are netui:template tags that attempt to offer page creation
from component page areas but it appears that the design takes a very
simplistic approach that is not appropriate for complex page creation.

Are there any proposals to improve the template tags to allow sections
to refer to content files rather than expressing the content as embedded

>From the FAQ Tiles is not supported.   Will Tiles, or a derivative be
supported in the future?

And finally, any thoughts on creating a more sophisticated solution that
uses caching and reduced the RequestDispatcher overhead?

Many thanks