beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Nikhil Gore" <>
Subject Updating BUILDING.txt and beehiveenv.cmd
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:16:19 GMT

I faced a few problems when intitally building beehive. It just seemed
to be problems due to the BUILDING.txt not being updated but I might be
doing something wrong. I am listing the problems I faced so that in the
future others might take heed from my errors/ or the files with the
building information is updated.

1. In the BUILDING.txt currently it says to set the BEEHIVE_HOME
variable to your beehive installation (i.e. the beehive directory).
Since the directory structure has changed since this document was
written to have the main branch to be trunk it would be useful if we
would just say:

For windows use: set BEEHIVE_HOME=[path_to parent_folder]\beehive\trunk

For Linux use: export BEEHIVE_HOME=[path_to parent_folder]\beehive\trunk

2. Also for some reason if I just have a relative path to ant does not
work. So if you use \installed\apache-ant-1.6.2\ as my ANT_HOME things
don't work. However if I have
D:\beehive\trunk\installed\apache-ant-1.6.2 as my ANT_HOME I can find
ant. I don't know if this is just a windows thing but James Song has
also seen the same problem which makes me wonder.

3. A third problem related to the above ant issue is that I have to
explicitly add ANT_HOME\bin to my path after doing what I mentioned
above (I was lying above when I said it worked). So just setting the
ANT_HOME doesn't solve the problem. I have to set the path again before
I can use ant.

After this I can run clean, deploy, and run all the tests without
failures. Any help with this would be great.

Nikhil Gore