beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BEEHIVE-1094
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:27:11 GMT
Eddie,

I was wondering if you had some thoughts about this solution. I think
you filed the original bug  while you were doing work to solve a
deadlock issue with page flows destroy()  and controls
(BeanContext.globalHierarchyLock). I looked at this and was concerned
that there could be issues because the RequestContext pushed onto the
RequestContext stack will have a null request and response. This seems
like it could be an issue for controls implemented for Context
Services that require the request. I don't believe there needs to be a
call to the page flow control container method,
getControlContainerContext(), probably just the begin/end context
around the onDestroy() and then the
JavaControlUtils.uninitJavaControls().  I'm also unsure if there are
any implications to the locking issues. When you filed this bug, did
you have some thoughts about the solution?

Thanks,
Carlin

On 12/10/07, Scott L'Hommedieu <slhommed@bea.com> wrote:
> I'm forwarding this on behalf of my colleague to expedite the process.
>
> From Poorna:
>
> For BEEHIVE-1094, I am proposing the following change.
>

>  ====
>
> /depot/dev/sandbox/beehive/wl92_ga/netui/src/pageflow/org/apache/beehive
> /netui/pageflow/PageFlowManagedObject.java#1
>  -
>
> E:\P4\dev\sandbox\beehive\wl92_ga\netui\src\pageflow\org\apache\beehive\
> netui\pageflow\PageFlowManagedObject.java
>  ====
>
>  19a20,21
>
> >  import
> org.apache.beehive.controls.api.context.ControlContainerContext;
>

>  103c105,109
>
>  <         onDestroy( session );
>
>  ---
>
> *>       PageFlowControlContainer cc = new
> PageFlowControlContainerImpl();*
>
> >       ControlContainerContext ccContext =
>  cc.getControlContainerContext(this);
>
> >       cc.beginContextOnPageFlow(this, null, null,
>  session.getServletContext());
>
> >       onDestroy( session );
>
> >       cc.endContextOnPageFlow(this);
>

>  The highlighted first line - I am not sure on how to create
>  PageFlowControlContainer using PageFlowControlContainerFactory when
>  there is no request object. So, I have created the control container
>  directly here.
>
>  regards,
>
>  ~Poorna
>
> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.