beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject maven2 repository and system control artifact Ids
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:03:23 GMT
All--

  I've published the 1.0.2 release of Beehive into the Maven2
repository.  In doing this, I ran into a problem with the
artifactId(s) for the system controls.  In 1.0.1, these were published
with POM files / artifactIds of the form
"beehive-control-[ejb|jdbc|jms]".  Unfortunately, there was a mismatch
between this and the actual name of the artifact JARs which were of
the form "beehive-[ejb|jdbc|jms]-control".  For the 1.0.1 release, the
POM and the JAR ended up in different directories...

  In publishing 1.0.2, I fixed the artifactId(s) for the system
controls to match the name of the JARs.  The result is that in moving
from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, entries like:

          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.beehive</groupId>
            <artifactId>beehive-control-jdbc</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.1</version>
        </dependency>

need to change to (note the ** below):

          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.beehive</groupId>
**          <artifactId>beehive-jdbc-control</artifactId> **
            <version>1.0.2</version>
        </dependency>

In addition to changing the version, the artifactId must be changed.

  This is certainly inconvenient, but since the version number had to
change and our Maven2 support is still evolving, it seemed like a good
time to make the change.  If there are other opinions, I can certainly
publish the system control JARs under the old artifactId naming
scheme.  Let me know...

Thanks.
Eddie

Mime
View raw message