beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a new patch release [was: Re: Question about the next release...]
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:12:06 GMT
Carlin--

  I'll take a pass through the release notes and prune items that are
noise for users (test infrastructure, etc).  I won't get to finalizing
a release this weekend but should be able to wrap it up the weekend of
the 18th.  Apologies for the delay...

Eddie

On 11/8/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the fix to the release notes Eddie. Did anyone else have
> anything to add or change in the release notes? Other thoughts?
>
> Eddie, if there are no other changes to role into release notes, when
> would you plan to "create and sign the release package"? Just curious.
>
> Thanks,
> Carlin
>
> On 11/5/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Eddie, All,
> >
> > SVN revision 471547 contains a first pass at the release notes for
> > 1.0.2. Please take a moment to review and edit as needed. Thanks!
> >
> > Carlin
> >
> > On 11/5/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Carlin--
> > >
> > >   Great -- thanks.  Nice work on the release so far.  I've twiddled
> > > the appropriate stuff in JIRA to create a 1.0.2 release.
> > >
> > >   The rest of the release generally goes in this order:
> > >
> > > - create the release notes for the 1.0.2 release.  JIRA will help with
> > > this; browse BEEHIVE in JIRA, click "Road Map", select "Release
> > > Notes", and copy / paste the HTML output at the bottom of the page
> > > into a releaseNotes.xml page in the release docuumentation
> > > - create and sign the release package
> > > - test the release package
> > > - post the release package somewhere accessible to everyone for review
> > > - VOTE :) for at least 3 days; repeat as necessary.
> > >
> > > Once the vote has passed, there are a few things left:
> > > - update the website with a new download page
> > > - update the website with a release announcement
> > > - copy the release documentation to http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.2
> > > - add the JARs to the Maven repository
> > > - copy the release JARs to http://dist.apache.org so that they're
> > > copied to the ASF mirrors
> > > - mark the release as shipped in JIRA
> > >
> > >   Do you have a signed key?  If not, I can create / sign the release package.
> > >
> > > Eddie

 The

DOAP. Do we just

I guess we wait

data grid work after Wednesday

we need to include LICENSE

 I'd be in favor of doing

you think some of us other folks in

and is basically just a couple of
my task unless someone else wants

incomplete feature is exposing
 This means that the APIs could change
applications that used such
desirable.

patch releases should be as stable as
from a previously released version.

be in option #1?
than option #2 but I agree with Carlin that
set support could then be finished when you have
incomplete data set support be disagreeable to
what will the ramifications of shipping
be.

would be some API changes in what you have for
data set support to make it fully baked or just
a binding vote but I'd be good with either 1 or
drastic in API changes for data set support).

<ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
would be great except...

new feature work in trunk/ for supporting partial data
isn't baked / frozen yet.  Some options:

the partial data set support, and ship 1.0.2
data set support as-is in 1.0.2
data set support and then ship 1.0.2

Tam <kentaminator@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
patch release

Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
-- seems like 1.0.2 to me...

Schoettger wrote:

It seems like a patch release to me.  We've fixed a lot of bugs --

know that in the controls area there have been a number of bugs

which were found by users using Beehive from within an IDE (many

them APT related).  Also bugs releated to security and deadlocks

been addressed as well.

I think it would be a good thing to get these fixes into a patch

release at this time.

 - Chad

On 9/28/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:

I was wondering about the scheduling of the next beehive release.

There's been more than 65 bugs and improvements fixed along with

smaller new features. Some of these seem like good improvements

1.0.1 and worth getting out to the user community. This includes

things like a security fix and some page flow deadlock fixes as

What are the thoughts on whether this would be a patch release (

or a point release (1.1)? Just curious what folks where thinking

getting a discussion started.

Kind regards,

Carlin