beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a new patch release [was: Re: Question about the next release...]
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:39:20 GMT
Carlin--

  Great -- thanks.  Nice work on the release so far.  I've twiddled
the appropriate stuff in JIRA to create a 1.0.2 release.

  The rest of the release generally goes in this order:

- create the release notes for the 1.0.2 release.  JIRA will help with
this; browse BEEHIVE in JIRA, click "Road Map", select "Release
Notes", and copy / paste the HTML output at the bottom of the page
into a releaseNotes.xml page in the release docuumentation
- create and sign the release package
- test the release package
- post the release package somewhere accessible to everyone for review
- VOTE :) for at least 3 days; repeat as necessary.

Once the vote has passed, there are a few things left:
- update the website with a new download page
- update the website with a release announcement
- copy the release documentation to http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.2
- add the JARs to the Maven repository
- copy the release JARs to http://dist.apache.org so that they're
copied to the ASF mirrors
- mark the release as shipped in JIRA

  Do you have a signed key?  If not, I can create / sign the release package.

Eddie

On 11/5/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eddie,
>
> I've made the changes to add the license and notice files to the
> beehive jars. Looked like both Struts and Ant placed these files in
> META-INF of their jars so I did the same.
>
> Anything else I can do before we create / sign a release package?
>
> Thanks,
> Carlin
>
> On 11/3/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Eddie,
> >
> > Yes, that helps. Thanks for the reply as well as the feedback on my
> > earlier questions about the docs.
> >
> > Carlin
> >
> > On 11/3/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Carlin--
> > >
> > >    Seems like that change should be removed as well because it was a
> > > step along the way to the partial data set support in trunk.  The
> > > PagedDataSet class changed more from that SVN version.
> > >
> > >   Probably best to go back to before that work started.
> > >
> > > HTH.
> > > Eddie

POMs

LICENSE

#2 but I agree with Carlin that
data set support be disagreeable to

API changes in what you have for
to make it fully baked or just
but I'd be good with either 1 or
changes for data set support).

great except...

in trunk/ for supporting partial data
frozen yet.  Some options:

data set support, and ship 1.0.2
as-is in 1.0.2
and then ship 1.0.2

1.0.2 to me...

patch release to me.  We've fixed a lot of bugs --
controls area there have been a number of bugs
by users using Beehive from within an IDE (many
 Also bugs releated to security and deadlocks
as well.

be a good thing to get these fixes into a patch
time.

about the scheduling of the next beehive release.
more than 65 bugs and improvements fixed along with
features. Some of these seem like good improvements
getting out to the user community. This includes
a security fix and some page flow deadlock fixes as

thoughts on whether this would be a patch release (
release (1.1)? Just curious what folks where thinking
started.