beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a new patch release [was: Re: Question about the next release...]
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 22:39:41 GMT
Eddie, All,

SVN revision 471547 contains a first pass at the release notes for
1.0.2. Please take a moment to review and edit as needed. Thanks!

Carlin

> Carlin--
>
>   Great -- thanks.  Nice work on the release so far.  I've twiddled
> the appropriate stuff in JIRA to create a 1.0.2 release.
>
>   The rest of the release generally goes in this order:
>
> - create the release notes for the 1.0.2 release.  JIRA will help with
> this; browse BEEHIVE in JIRA, click "Road Map", select "Release
> Notes", and copy / paste the HTML output at the bottom of the page
> into a releaseNotes.xml page in the release docuumentation
> - create and sign the release package
> - test the release package
> - post the release package somewhere accessible to everyone for review
> - VOTE :) for at least 3 days; repeat as necessary.
>
> Once the vote has passed, there are a few things left:
> - update the website with a new download page
> - update the website with a release announcement
> - copy the release documentation to http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.2
> - add the JARs to the Maven repository
> - copy the release JARs to http://dist.apache.org so that they're
> copied to the ASF mirrors
> - mark the release as shipped in JIRA
>
>   Do you have a signed key?  If not, I can create / sign the release package.
>
> Eddie
>

> On 11/5/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Eddie,
> >
> > I've made the changes to add the license and notice files to the
> > beehive jars. Looked like both Struts and Ant placed these files in
> > META-INF of their jars so I did the same.
> >
> > Anything else I can do before we create / sign a release package?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Carlin
> >
> > On 11/3/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Eddie,
> > >
> > > Yes, that helps. Thanks for the reply as well as the feedback on my
> > > earlier questions about the docs.
> > >
> > > Carlin

I'm also

 :)

option #2 but I agree with Carlin that
could then be finished when you have
data set support be disagreeable to
will the ramifications of shipping

some API changes in what you have for
support to make it fully baked or just
vote but I'd be good with either 1 or
in API changes for data set support).

be great except...

work in trunk/ for supporting partial data
/ frozen yet.  Some options:

data set support, and ship 1.0.2
support as-is in 1.0.2
support and then ship 1.0.2

release

<richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
like 1.0.2 to me...

wrote:
> [...]
a patch release to me.  We've fixed a lot of bugs --
in the controls area there have been a number of bugs
found by users using Beehive from within an IDE (many
 Also bugs releated to security and deadlocks
as well.

would be a good thing to get these fixes into a patch
this time.

wondering about the scheduling of the next beehive release.
been more than 65 bugs and improvements fixed along with
new features. Some of these seem like good improvements
and worth getting out to the user community. This includes
like a security fix and some page flow deadlock fixes as

the thoughts on whether this would be a patch release (
release (1.1)? Just curious what folks where thinking
a discussion started.