beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a new patch release [was: Re: Question about the next release...]
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 04:05:59 GMT
Eddie,

I have another question about pulling the incomplete data grid
features from the branch. I should remove the "checkpoint work" you
did in the PagedDataSet class, etc. from revision 415150,
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/beehive-commits/200606.mbox/%3c20060618155232.DB13A1A983A@eris.apache.org%3e
as well as the work in revision 431515, right? Or, did you want me to
leave that in?

Thanks,
Carlin

On 11/2/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Eddie,
>
> I've made the initial branch and updated several reference of the
> release version number to 1.0.2. However, I have a couple of questions
> about some other files...
>
> - doap_Beehive.rdf -   I have not yet modified the DOAP. Do we just
> modify <revision> field and update the <created> field when we roll
> out the release, or just the version in trunk? Do we need to remove
> some of the references to WSM in this file or clarify that it is a
> subproject?
>
> - docs/maven-support.txt -   is this just a readme text file and
> should I update the versions at the bottom of the doc?
>
> - POMs -     looks like these use a property for the beehive version, correct?
>
> I haven't made any changes in beehive/site/... yet. I guess we wait
> until the release to update these.
>
> I'll start the work to remove incomplete data grid features in branch.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Carlin
>
> On 10/24/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Excellent and thanks Eddie. After Wednesday sounds fine. I'm also
> > happy to help if that makes it easier for you.
> >
> > Your idea of including the LICENSE file in all the jars sounds good as well.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Carlin
> >
> > On 10/23/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   Sure -- that'd definitely help.  As my slow replies probably
> > > indicate, I've been busy with some other things and haven't been
> > > super-active recently.
> > >
> > >   There are several tasks that need to happen for release:
> > >
> > > - branching
> > > - remove incomplete data grid features in branch
> > > - update version numbers in the documentation, build, and POMs
> > > - create / sign release package
> > > - vote on release package
> > > - publish approved binaries / maven distributables / refreshed documentation
> > >
> > >   I'll be able to help with branching / data grid work after Wednesday
> > > and can take care of the release packaging / signing after that.  If
> > > you'd like to get started before then, take it away.  :)
> > >
> > >   One thing we should review is whether we need to include LICENSE
> > > files in all of our JARs.  My reading of this:
> > >
> > >   http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
> > >
> > > indicates that we don't strictly need to do this -- but other projects
> > > are currently doing this so that the JARs are self-describing outside
> > > the context of the distribution package.  I'd be in favor of doing
> > > this work.
> > >
> > > Eddie

Carlin that

 We've fixed a lot of bugs --