beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Chad Schoettger" <chad.schoett...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Finally posted: src file header and copyright policy
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:52:14 GMT
Ok so I've got all the headers updated (including WSM).

I'm not sure about the $Header:$ string at the bottom of each license.
 I don't think it is required since it wasn't part of the license text
on the web page Cliff referenced.

If someone on the list knows why it is there it would be great to have
that documented in the dev list in case the question comes up again.

 - Chad

On 8/3/06, Carlin Rogers <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious, do we still need the "$Header:$" string at the bottom of each
> source header? I didn't see it mentioned on the ASF Source Header page.
>
> Carlin
>
> On 8/2/06, Chad Schoettger <chad.schoettger@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, all the source files which were missing headers should now have
> > them.  I also checked WSM and didn't find any files with questionable
> > headers.
> >
> > Since it looks like everything is ready to go I'll try to start on the
> > actual header conversion to the new format tomorrow or Friday unless I
> > hear differently.
> >
> > - Chad
> >
> > On 8/2/06, Chad Schoettger <chad.schoettger@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'll let you know if I come across anything.  I should have a commit
> > > for the files which were causing upgrade errors soon.  Then I thought
> > > I'd add headers to any source files which are currently missing them.
> > >
> > >   - Chad

> > code,
> > or
> > me