beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding NetUI annotation processing for an external form bean class in check() phase
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:42:59 GMT
Hey Rich,

With the current NetUI AP class hierarchy it wouldn't matter either way. The
PFCAP and FBCAP both inherit from BaseCoreAnnotationProcessor which extends
TwoPhaseCoreAnnotationProcessor. The check() "phase" of the TPCAP passes
each declaration annotation to check(decl) method implemented in the BCAP.
This BCAP method only gets a checker if the decl is an instance of
ClassDeclaration. So an external form bean without the @FormBean would not
get processed.

I guess we could have FBCAP override check(decl) or figure out a way to
rewrite BCAP to handle a general case of a MethodDeclaration. I think I'd go
with the former and if the decl is a ClassDeclaration it can just go on to
the super method. Otherwise check for MethodDeclaration and call the
getChecker() routine.

Thanks,
Carlin

> Nice job.  Just curious: is it possible for the
> FormBeanAnnotationProcessorFactory to handle all @Jpf.Validatable*
> annotations?  PageFlowChecker could still crawl into them if it needed
> to, but of FBAPF handled them, then its annotation processor should end
> up getting a shot at all external form bean classes.  Just a thought.
>
> Rich
>
> Carlin Rogers wrote:
> > I have some local changes for the standalone checker... a new
> > FormBeanAnnotationProcessorFactory that hooks up the
> > FormBeanCoreAnnotationProcessor and added an entry in the
> > META-INF/services/com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorFactory for the
> > factory. Initial tests seem to be OK. I also have my change that will
> > check
> > an external form bean from within FlowControllerChecker, only when
> > there is
> > *no* @FormBean.
> >
> > I have not added a warning message to users that they should always
> > have a
> > @FormBean annotation when using any of the @ValidatableProperty
> > annotations
> > in a form bean. I was concerned that there is already a precedent for
> > just
> > using the @FormBean to define a message bundle. See the NetUI tutorial
> > and
> > the note about using @FormBean...
> >
> > http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.1/netui/tutorial.html#validation
> >
> > Does anyone feel strongly that we should change the behavior and always
> > expect @FormBean annotation when using any of the @ValidatableProperty
> > annotations? If so, I will add the warning and change the tutorial.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Carlin
> >
> > On 8/15/06, Rich Feit <richfeit@privatei.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> That makes sense to me -- basically we'd be saying that we require a
> >> top-level annotation if you want to use method- or field-level
> >> annotations.
> >>
> >> You can also just go with your original suggestion, but I think that in
> >> that case you could end up with multiple errors for a single class.

> [...]
(for
> >> action
> >> check for
> >> FormBeanChecker on