beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Finally posted: src file header and copyright policy
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:49:18 GMT
  Heads up on an upcoming source header change to source files in
"live" branches of ASF source trees.  Before taking any steps here,
let's let the discussion die down on this issue (it's been going on
for a little while).  Would say that we should switch the source
headers by August 15 at the latest.

Eddie

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 17, 2006 12:39 AM
Subject: Finally posted: src file header and copyright policy
To: legal-discuss@apache.org

Hey legal-discuss folks,

I've finally posted the "Source Header and Copyright Notice Policy":
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.

It's pretty much the same thing I sent to this list a few weeks ago,
plus a FAQ that summarizes the follow-on discussion we had.

As I've mentioned before, my plan is to finish up the other two pieces
and send an email to committers@ with links to all three legal pages.
There's a good possibility I'll have these other two done in the next
couple days, but I thought I'd put this out for legal-discuss review
since it is ready now.

Let me know if you see anything in there that doesn't make sense.

Cliff