beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject controls test failures [was: Re: Beehive Check-in Test (Linux) Failed]
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:48:16 GMT
Chad--

  I've seen a couple of problems here.  The first is that the
.beaninfo files that are committed to the src/... tree are out of date
with the new package names and need to be re-generated.  The Ant that
updates them should be updated as well to reflect new classpath /
package names (this target is in controls/test/build.xml).

  The other problem is likely caused by having moved a ControlBean
from the TCH tests to the JUnit tests.  The TCH control beans were
used by both the standalone TCH tests and the webapp TCH tests -- the
classes in o/a/b/c/t/c/generic don't seem to be in the
controlstestbeans.jar file that is copied into the webapp.  That
causes the compile error in the CC logs and that I see locally.

  Personally, I don' t really have an opinion about having Page Flow
specific tests in the Controls package.  It makes it harder for
Controls committers to test Page Flow if they're moved to the NetUI
tree, but it also loosely couples the modules.  If the Controls tests
do move to the NetUI tree, you can take advantage of the existing
infrastructure for the test recorder and avoid building new webapp
test infrastructure for Controls.

  Hope that helps...

Eddie