beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject deadlock issue in NetUI (BEEHIVE-1135)
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:46:51 GMT
A user just posted a scenario that causes a deadlock in NetUI. The
description of the issue is in the JIRA issue I just opened...
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-1135

The root cause occurs when we have a JSP that includes another JSP
associated to the current page flow. I was wondering if anyone had some
thoughts about detecting whether the request is an include from a JSP for
the same current page flow.

In a general scenario, the PageFlowRequestProcessor (PFRP) forwards to a JSP
and to the PageFlowPageFilter rather than a direct request for the JSP. The
PFRP wraps a requets as a PageFlowRequestWrapper and the PageFlowPageFilter
can call PageFlowRequestWrapper.isForwardedRequest() to determine if whether
or not to commit (via DeferredSessionStorageHandler.applyChanges()) any
session-scoped changes that were stored in the request. If it is a forwarded
request, the filter does not commit the changes. They get committed back in
the PFRP, after the forward is completed. However, when the incoming request
to the filter is not a PageFlowRequestWrapper, the filter cannot check that
the request is a forward from the PFRP and just goes ahead and commits the
changes.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone had some addtional
ideas. I'm on vacation for next week but can look at this when I return.

Kind regards,
Carlin