beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McCulloch" <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject EJBControl for EJB 3.0
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:41:07 GMT
I have been reading up a bit on the EJB 3 spec and I would like to look into
updating / cloning the current EJBControl to support the EJB 3.0 client
contracts.  I am looking for a few pointers on what features of the new spec
the community might be most interested in (it may be too new for this
feedback).  I would also be receptive to any other thoughts on this topic
that you may have.

My current plan:
1. Determine if the current controls works against EJB 3 beans that use the
back-compat annotations in the spec to produce the remote interfaces and
other EJB 2.1 artifacts.
2. Determine what would have to be modified on the Session Bean Control to
use only the Business interface through direct lookups.
3. Determine what would have to be modified on the Entity Bean Control to
use only EJB 3.0 artifacts through direct lookups.
4. Determine what would have to be modified on the 2 controls to make use of
EJB Dependency Injection instead of direct lookups.
5. Prototype a new Session Bean Control
6. Prototype a new Entity Bean Control

I am not as familiar with the persistence portion of the as with the portion
defining the Session and Message-Driven interfaces so I am not sure the
scope of changes that may be required around the Entity Bean Control and
EJB-QL changes specifically.

Also, I am not sure as to the current Geronimo support for EJB 3.  I believe
this is where the current EJBControl drts run, if that support is
unavailable I may have to test against another container.