beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject netui -- adding a required ServletContextListener
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:13:48 GMT
All--

  NetUI has a need for a common place to do setup and tear down tasks
for the framework, and as such, I'd like to make a
ServletContextListener a requirement as a place to do this work.

  This provides a place to do NetUIConfig initialization as well as a
place to remove ServletContext attributes that NetUI (and Struts) put
there.  I've had some trouble with class reloading in Tomcat that
requires the latter problem be fixed in order for the framework(s) to
reinitialize correctly after classes are reloaded.

  Thoughts on this?  Ideally, we'd make this an upgrade requirement
for moving from Beehive 1.0 to Beehive V.Next so that we can put the
initialization code in a single place.  Am open to suggestions on
that.

  Ideally, this would be something called NetUIContextListener that
has interceptor chains for "initialize" and "destroy" phases with
implementations that plug-in to provide default behavior for each of
these phases.

  Thoughts / ideas?

Eddie