beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "John Rohrlich" <rohrl...@bea.com>
Subject id and name token rules
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:41:48 GMT
I'm trying to find out if we have a problem with the name we generate
for input fields in NetUI forms. The HTML source for:

<netui:textBox dataSource="actionForm.someString"></netui:textBox>

is

<input type="text" name="{actionForm.someString}" value="abc">

I'm wondering if beginning the name attribute with '{' is okay. The HTML
specification says this:

ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and may be
followed by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens ("-"),
underscores ("_"), colons (":"), and periods (".").

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-name) section 6.2 SGML
Basic Types

- john rohrlich

by email and then delete it.