beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running beehive without ant
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:18:49 GMT
Sebastian--

  Yes, this is definitely possible -- the line you mention:

  setExecutable("apt");

from our AptTask sets the compiler used during processing to the
"apt.exe" tool that is part of the 5.0 JDK.  Apt is Sun's new command
line tool that is used to process annotations at build time.

  The AptTask just builds up a command that Ant in turn executes via
System.exec (as I recall), so to see the command that this generates,
try running an application build with Ant's "-verbose" flag and you'll
see the command that is executed to "apt.exe".

  Great to hear that you're working on Maven2 support -- I've got some
Maven 1.x work that from Adam that needs to be committed and was going
to upload the JARs from our 1.0.1 release later this week.  With
Maven2, it would be *great* define some project archetypes; if you've
got some support to send along, definitely let me know.

  Hope that helps...

Eddie