beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Annotation parsing framework for Axis2 (Re: [wsm] a plan)
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 00:54:48 GMT
Dims--

  Hey; apologies for the delay.  That's basically right -- there is
actually one other step in the annotation processing pipeline which is
verifying the validity of any annotations on the class.  So, it would
be:

  annotation checking (Jsr181AnnotationChecker) --> model building
(MirrorWsmBuilder)

which returns a WsmService object that can be wired up into axis2 stuff.

  I can certainly break the Axis 1.x stuff into a separate JAR; my
original plan was to just put the Axis 1.x and 2 bits in the same JAR
file, but if this is a problem, let me know and I can make three JARs
-- generic web service processing code, axis 1, axis 2, etc.

  There is one important part of this that isn't done yet, and that's
to provide something that can be used inside of a server runtime that
abstracts from Sun's Mirror types which are used inside of APT.  Not
exactly sure what this looks like yet -- could be reflection or
something else that abstracts from Sun's Mirror APIs (used inside of
APT).

  Do you want to run this from inside of the Axis2 runtime or at
build-time on the command line?  I'm assuming the former.

Eddie