beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject controls -- pluggability in creating a ControlBean's ControlBeanContext object
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:59:22 GMT
All--

  I've got some usages where I'd like to create a ControlBeanContext
object that provides an additional set of methods to ControlBean
instances.  My current thought is to use commons-discovery to have a
ControlBeanContextFactory a la the ControlFactory used to create the
ControlBean itself.

  This would be used from the ControlBean constructor to initialize
the internal ControlBeanContext object.

  An alternative approach would be to provide services that expose the
same functionality, but it seems useful to have an extension mechanism
for this.

  Thoughts?

Eddie