beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.0.1 release added to JIRA [was: Re: [result] [vote] move toward a Beehive 1.0.1 patch release [was: Re: [proposal] do a 1.0 patch release]]
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:58:25 GMT
All--

  I've added a 1.0.1 release to JIRA and merged all of the 1.1 bugs
back into the patch release.  This fixes up the "Release Fixed"
version to be 1.0.1 so we can generate release notes correctly.

  So, all bugs to be fixed for 1.0.1 should live there -- it's how
we'll track our progress for the next few weeks.  Then, anything to
fix in the next release (whatever it's called) can go into the new
"v.next" release category.

  As it stands, we've got 7 bugs in the 1.0.1 release category now.
I've got a few other tasks that I'd like to finish before we ship
(data grid sort / filter documentation, for example).  I'll start a
separate mail thread that lists the tasks that are outstanding.

  Comments / questions welcome.

Eddie

> All--
>
>   Thanks for the support for getting this release out.  :)  Results of
> the vote are as follows; I'll start making progress on defining the
> new release number and moving some issues around.  Will also start
> sending status mail and posting a nightly.
>
> Eddie
>
> Result:
> +1: 10 (6 binding, 4 non-binding)
>   0: 0
>  -1: 0
>

> On 1/11/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > On 1/10/06, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > All--
> > >
> > >   Seems that there is general consensus in doing a 1.0.1 patch release
> > > to 1.0 in the very near future.  This mail is the vote to start that
> > > process and includes the following actions:
> > >
> > > - Call the release 1.0.1
> > > - Add a 1.0.1 Release to JIRA
> > > - Re-categorize a set of bugs to fix in the 1.0.1 release into this
> > > category.  (Am guessing this will be 3-5 of these that we decide land
> > > in 1.0.1).
> > > - Plan to release in the next 2-3 weeks
> > >
> > > Please vote (PMC members, especially) on this in the next 72 hours;
> > > the vote will run until 4PM GMT 1/13/2006.
> > >
> > > Vote early, vote once.  Thanks!
> > >
> > > Eddie
> > >
> > >  Vote:
> > > [+1] Yes, take the action items above to start a 1.0 patch release called 1.0.1.
> > > [0]  Abstain / not sure.
> > > [-1] No, there is an issue with a 1.0.1 release or the stated action
> > > items.  If you vote this way, please explain why and what can be done
> > > to address your concerns.

I'd