beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External config for controls
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:29:19 GMT
Steve--

  Good catch -- while automatic generation of the shape for an
external override XML file could be a great feature to have, we don't
have that today (that I know of).  Additionally, this annotation:

    @AccessModes

doesn't exist in Controls any longer.  The external overridability of
an annotation property value is specified via the
@AllowExternalOverride meta-metadata -- if you will.  :)

  We should fix that in this doc.  Also, we should also remove
references to "JSR-175" metadata and just call it Java 5 metadata /
annotations (or just metadata / annotations).  The JSR number isn't
that useful.  :)

Eddie