beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Carlin Rogers <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Resetting a pageflow instance
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:00:47 GMT
Hey Rich,

Is there a good mechanism for resetting a page flow instance when the page
flow is down in a nested page flow? I.E. a way to get back to the begin
action of the main page flow. Here's the scenario...

In a portal there may be some state associated to a page flow that they
would manage as well as what we have stuck in the session.  When they reset
state, they'd like to end up back at the begin action of the page flow. This
works for a non-nested page flow.

However, for nested flows, I think that with the page flow instance keeping
a reference to the "current" page flow, in this case the nested flow, and
they try to reset state on the request, they get the begin page of the
nested flow instead of the original page flow begin.

Do we have something in our API to "reset" a page flow instance itself or
even just blow away the instance that gets stored in the session?  Something
to call so there's no stale state. If not, do you have a suggestion as to
what might be implemented?

Thanks,
Carlin