beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Ramirez" <alram...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] do a 1.0 patch release
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:54:04 GMT
I believe it would be great to have a new beehive release with all the
fixes Eddie mentions.

+1 (non-binding) on all actions.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie O'Neil [mailto:ekoneil@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:17 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: [proposal] do a 1.0 patch release

All--

  Since we released 1.0 in October, we've been mostly doing cleanup
and bug fixing.  This has squashed about 70 (rough count) or so bugs,
added some new documentation, and committed the controls test
container.  In an effort to deliver these changes in a release, I'd
like to propose that we move to release a patch release of Controls +
NetUI in the next few weeks.

Specifics:
release number: 1.0.1
release date: targeted around January 27th (or so)
contains: already completed bug fixes and anything we identify in the
next week or so that is high enough priority to fix before release

Additionally, this release would require the following actions:
- renaming the "1.1" release to "1.0.1" to denote a patch to the 1.0
release.  All of the work we've done in 1.1 is just bug fixing, so
this seems like the right thing to do.
- review all of the remaining bugs for those we will try to fix in the
next couple of weeks

  Comments / flames?  Depending on the discussion over the next couple
of days, I'll start a vote next week to capture agreement on moving
toward a release.

Eddie