beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSF Backing File...
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:01:49 GMT
Sure... in short, it lives as long as you're viewing (and making
requests to) its associated JSF page.  When you hit a JSF page, we look
for its associated backing bean class (foo.bar for /foo/bar.jsp).  If
it's not already the Current JSF Backing Bean, we make it that.  If it
is, we leave it alone.  When you make any request to anything else
besides the JSF page (/foo/bar.faces), we blow away the bean.

o.a.b.n.pageflow.faces.PageFlowViewHandler handles creating/replacing
the current JSF backing bean, and PageFlowRequestProcessor removes it
when you make any request to a page flow action.

In general it should never have multiple threads in it, since our filter
for *.faces synchronizes on the current page flow (but I'd appreciate a
second opinion on that :) ).

Rich