beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Control usage in Shared Flows
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:41:18 GMT
I'm actually not the best person to answer questions about the threading
model for controls themselves, but as to shared flows, you're right --
you can get two threads into a shared flow when accessing it directly
from a page flow.  This should be mentioned somewhere in the docs, but
it isn't.  Basically, I think it's theoretically possible to synchronize
on every referenced shared flow when entering a page flow (doing it in
some deterministic order to avoid deadlock issues when hitting multiple
page flows that reference the same set of shared flows), but the
performance impact always seemed high.  What do you think?