beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Daryl Olander <dolan...@gmail.com>
Subject Thread Policy on Controls...
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 03:54:55 GMT
Looks like the default for the thread policy on a control is single
threaded.  As described in previous mails, Shared Flows and Global App are
not single threaded.  I believe that action execution is single threaded,
but that mulitple threads can access state and call member method on a
shared flow while an action is running.  The question I have when the
control JavaDoc specifies that the infrastructure must insure only a single
thread will execute in a particular instance of that control at a time, does
this mean the control container?  If this is true, it seems to me we are
going to have to throw exceptions when controls that are single threaded are
created in either a Global App or Shared Flow.

Does this match others understanding?