beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject beehive and maven
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:15:12 GMT
All--

  Apologies for the wide distribution, but this is relevant to both
the dev@ and user@ lists.

  I'm starting to do the work for Beehive to appear in the Maven
repository and work with Maven builds (thanks to Adam!).  This
includes a few parts:

- creating .pom files for NetUI and Controls.  Am planning on making
these two separate files.  If you're familiar with Maven, does that
make sense?
- creating checksums and signatures for all of the Beehive 1.0 JARs
- making the JARs and XML files available in the Maven repository
- adding Adam's Maven plug-in for building Beehive source artifacts to
SVN.  Will also make this available from people.apache.org/~ekoneil
for the 1.0 release and will include them in subsequent releases.

  If you're using the files currently in Beehive's Maven repo here:

    http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/beehive

let me know.  These files are *very* stale, and I'm planning on
refreshing them with the 1.0 distribution and moving forward from
there.  Will also include a snapshot of WSM.  Just don't want to cause
anyone a migration problem.

  Thoughts / comments / flames welcome.  I'm a Maven newbie, so please
let me know if I'm confusing something or you'd like additional
features.

Eddie