beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resuscitating the System Control Samples
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:07:46 GMT
Steve--

  Having that sample would be great, though we've also got JdbcControl
samples in the Petstore which basically demonstrate the same things.

  Might be more interesting to have a focused JdbcControl sample that
runs outside of the container and demonstrates things like calling
stored procedures, custom ResultSet mapping, SQL escapes, stored
functions, etc.  We could even use Derby to demonstrate all of that.
Could also demonstrate out-of-container testing, etc.

  Probably more didactic than another web application.

  If the system-controls/samples/jdbc sample were brought back, your
list would be a good place to start in addition to moving it into the
trunk/samples directory.

  Thoughts?

Eddie