beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Carlin Rogers <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject modify the ScopedRequest interface
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:09:35 GMT
I spoke to Rich a little about modifying the ScopedRequest interface in
NetUI. There's a portal scenario where a StorageHandler implementation is
used to help manage scope keys and needs to persist the ScopedRequest
attributes. The thought is that I would deprecate the
persistAttributes()/restoreAttributes() from ScopedRequest methods and
replace them with something like getAttributeMap()/setAttributeMap(). The
new getAttributeMap() method would just return the attribute map and
setAttributeMap() sets/merges the attributes like we do in
restoreAttributes(). The portal implementation in this case would control
the actual placement of persisted attributes into the session or whatever
other persistence location desired.

Any additional thoughts or concerns?

I'll open a JIRA issue to track.

Thanks,