beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rich Feit (JIRA)" <...@beehive.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Assigned: (BEEHIVE-1028) Controls in pageflows do not appear to be receiving lifecycle events in the proper order
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:36:47 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-1028?page=all ]

Rich Feit reassigned BEEHIVE-1028:
----------------------------------

    Assign To: Chad Schoettger  (was: Rich Feit)

Hey Chad, when I run /Controller.jpf, I get the following output:

**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
**** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
**** Leave: doRenderChart() ****

This seems OK -- what should I be looking for?

> Controls in pageflows do not appear to be receiving lifecycle events in the proper order
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: BEEHIVE-1028
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-1028
>      Project: Beehive
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: NetUI
>     Versions: V1, 1.1
>     Reporter: Chad Schoettger
>     Assignee: Chad Schoettger
>  Attachments: beehive1028.zip
>
> So I have a small webapp which basically consists of a pageflow and a jdbc control. 
The single jsp in the web app invokes an action in the page flow as:
>  	 	<tr><td><img src="doRenderChart.do?versionName=9.2Beta&projectName=Workshop&componentName=W-IDE&JFWidth=500&JFHeight=300"
border="0"/></td></tr>
> It does this 10 or 11 times to build a table which contains images generated by the action
using the jdbc control to retrieve data from a database.  Typically (although not always)
at least one of the images will not be generated due to an SQL Error throw by the jdbc control.
 The error is that the SQLConnection has been closed.
> Here is a portion of the tomcat log, I've added some debugging statements in the ControlContainerContext
class to help me see what was going on, the doRenderChart() is the page flow action being
called by the jsp.  It appears the control's begin and end events are not fired in the right
order, causing (in some instances) the control to be unititialzed before a call has been completed.
> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=null
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-IDE
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Docs
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-IDECore
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-External
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Project
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Javelin
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-RuntimeControls
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-RuntimeNetUI
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Upgrade
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=null
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Docs
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-IDE
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-External
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-IDECore
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Project
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Javelin
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-RuntimeControls
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-RuntimeNetUI
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Upgrade
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 33
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> Listening for transport dt_shmem at address: jdbconn
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=null
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Docs
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-External
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-IDE
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-IDECore
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Project
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Javelin
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-RuntimeControls
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-RuntimeNetUI
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> **** Enter: doRenderChart() ****
> calling version=9.2Beta project=Workshop component=W-Upgrade
> **** Leave: doRenderChart() ****
> BEGIN_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 35
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34
> END_CONTEXT: THREAD ID = 34

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message